Covid 19 and the Enviroment

So.....Covid....Err....YEAH THAT!

Not much has been happening I guess....Plans since mid March have been VERY quiet.....The flights and stuff I offset didn't happen, but I'd invested the money on purchase of the tickets and well, less carbon is always a bonus!

The good news is that in lockdowns the air quality got MUCH better and a lot of people are now working from home which is also helping.

My idea of investing in TESLA threw me a bit of a curve ball....26  shares at $233 ($6058) went on a SILLY run.....The price for TESLA today is ~$434, but they also split 5 for 1 (26 x 5 x $434 = $56,420)
I was SO wrong on the £12k capital gains thing - I sold a few here and there and now have some of those shares in an ISA account now (£3 a month, well worth it), but I've still got a load of TESLA shares I can't sell without getting hit by capital gains tax...As problems to have, there are worse.....And well that TESLA car looks a lot closer.

I wanted the Cybertrukk and even put a £100 reservation fee down. Not sure it'll make the UK due to legislation though as it may be a bit big for the UK roads. We'll see i guess as checking my reservation it is still there, if not currently offered to reserve in the UK! There's a TESLA referral link on my account. No idea what it does but HERE you go!

Interestingly my first Investments just fully repaid back which given it was a year and done in September last year is about right - Total success. YES and alas no.....some of my later investments with TRINE have had a harder time.
Probably COVID, which is kind of understandable, if not entirely good. Things have yet to fully resolve, but i've 2 out of my 4 investments with TRINE that are delayed. I didn't need the money, which is ALWAYS the best way to be when investing and the aim was carbon reduction as a gift/payment, but it's still a little disappointing. Things may well resolve over time, we'll see.

My advice has always been to view TRINE as a gift or payment to reduce Carbon and it IS doing that. Referral link again if wanted E10 for both there!

The aim was always to re-invest, and that's what I've been doing with interest payments and will do again with the capital.
Auzuria 11 Kenya just got E 75 and I've similar for when another investment comes along as I felt the carbon return was a bit low on it and I still like multiple baskets ;|)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2021 - Another odd year

Carbon Self Tax

Carbon Offset Investing - revisited